queer/disrupt welcomes many types of submission to the blog: both by those within and outside of academia! We welcome artists, academics, creative writers, practitioners, activists… as long as it falls under the broad umbrella of ‘queer’. We particularly welcome unconventional entries, and encourage everyone and anyone to get in touch. The limitations of our blog are the interests of our contributors. All posts are reviewed and we may offer feedback, where appropriate, before publication.
Although we appreciate each blog post may differ, we have some general ‘rule of thumb’ guidelines below. Please refer to them when creating your blog post.
- Limit non-fiction text entries to a maximum of 1200 words.
- We aim to be accessible, so please refrain from jargon and discipline specific terminology if possible. If unavoidable, please hyperlink to, or explain (briefly!) for non-expert readers.
- Please hyperlink, if possible, instead of footnote.
- Please consider what images can accompany your post, if text based. We may ask you to provide one, or look for one ourselves to post with the entry (with your permission).
- Creative entries are welcomed – media, creative writing, opinion pieces etc. – and actively encouraged!
- If your submission is time-sensitive (e.g. a review/discussion of a topical event) please indicate clearly so we are able to publish in an appropriate time frame.
We are keen to welcome exciting and new work in queer subjects, by queer subjects, for anybody who wishes to learn more about what it means to be and do ‘queer’.
If you are considering submitting, please contact us through our form below, with the subject 'BLOG SUBMISSION', with your ideas.